Thursday, December 23, 2010

Close to Home

Hello there readers, a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you all! Thanks for all the positive feedback from these first few entries and I promise many more after the holiday season.
Today's story happen just a week ago and is certainly apt for this time of year. More after the jump!


Early last week was quite a busy time here at the library mainly because people were starting to go on holidays and needed something to read on the cold, dark winter nights. Amid the crowd of patrons one woman stood out above the crowd. She was wearing a green coat with large red buttons, and a gold, shiny boa. Upon her head was a hat, surely of her own design, that resembled the top of a Christmas tree, star on top and all.

In her hard to miss outfit she merrily dropped off some books and treats for the circulation staff, which awarded her equal parts smiles and confused glances. My coworker came to the desk and I pointed out the interesting company across the room. She chuckled and told me that she knew her and that she used to work at the library.

Naturally I got to thinking about this; was she always this eccentric? Did working in a library drive her to this strange fashion sense? Perhaps library patrons are contagious! Please, if you notice me starting to act strange, tell me to quit.

On a more serious note I want to remind you all of the people who may not have a warm place to stay this Christmas or who aren't blessed with family and friends this holiday season. I see people from all walks of life here at the library and I see how much people appreciate the little things. Dig deep, spread the joy, and donate to charities whenever possible. A little bit of love goes a long way.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry I can't help. I have only known you to act strange and without a baseline for comparison it would be difficult to make any helpful observations. Now, stranger, that's a whole different matter. Strange is my favorite though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's like Luna Lovegood only Christmas themed hat!
    Love the video too!

    ReplyDelete